- Ancestry.com (In-Library Use Only) - Search for vital records, military records, census records, family connections, and much more.
- Fold3 - Search original military records.
- HeritageQuest - Search a variety of genealogical and historical sources for more than 60 countries, dating as early as 1700.
- African American Heritage - Search essential historical records for African Americans.
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers - Search and view newspaper pages from 1880-1922 and find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.
Relatively Speaking is a genealogy discussion group led by Assistant Director Laura King. The group shares their experiences in exploring family histories and help one another overcome their research roadblocks. This group is open to anyone in the community who has genealogy questions as well as those who want to learn more about genealogy research. New members are always welcome! They typically meet at 1:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month at Pemberville Public Library.
Dale M. Bruning Local and Family History Collection
The collection specializes in materials which encompass Freedom, Troy, and Webster Townships in Wood County, Ohio. However, the entire state is represented with research sources. The supporting sources in the collection are continually expanding. In the collection are many manuscript genealogies of local families unavailable anywhere else. In addition, there is a growing collection of German genealogy resources.
Some of the Physical Resources Available:
- Pemberville Leader (February 25, 1884- August 13, 1980)
The newspaper is on microfilm. There is also microfilm of limited issues of the Gospel Banner (1896) and the Pemberville Press (1896) and the Pemberville Independent (1877-1881). An index of the obituaries can be found at Rutherford B. Hayes. There are over 3 million obituaries from many Ohio counties.
- War Veterans DVD Series
These DVDs are recollections of local veterans of their military service during WWII, Korea and Viet Nam.
- Genealogies of local families (many unpublished)
- Wood County, Ohio source records
- Photographs (see also OhioMemory.org)
- Local church records
- Information on veterans from colonial wars through WWI
- Hereditary society sources
- Scattered Ohio county histories and source records
- Ohio histories
- Ohio land records
- Germany International Genealogical Index
- German and Pennsylvania German sources (see also Palam.org)
- General research sources
- And more
Laura Jane Zepernick King, Assistant Director and Local and Family Historian
Laura has been genealogist for 37 years. She earned Bachelor of Arts and Master of Education degrees from Bowling Green State University and a Master of Library Science from Kent State University.
Please email Laura at email@example.com with questions.
Historical Pictures Wanted
If anyone has unique photos of early citizens, buildings or other interesting photos of fires, floods, etc. from the Eastwood School District, we would like to scan them for display. The photos will be returned to the owner.
Click Here to go to Luckey Historical Society!